Hey D&Ders! We have received a lot of encouragement to continue providing more content for our simplified, or adaptive, version of 5th Edition Dungeons & Dragons.
This version keeps all the imagination that fantasy role-play provides but eliminates much of the possible confusion from the numerous rules and dice. (Please see an earlier blog on this site for a complete explanation of the simplified system.)
If you're starting with young gamers or simply believe that less means more in terms of fewer numbers or words in front of your players, than this system will work great for you.
If you've never used these character sheets before, here's some guidance for you:
* We encourage you to click and download one of these sheets, print it out and then take it to an office supply store to get it laminated. Then you can use dry erase pens to mark on the sheets, allowing you to use them multiple times;
* The boxes on the left side of the sheet act as your health points or pool. If your character gets hit for 4 damage, simply mark off 4 of the boxes;
* We suggest you purchase dice that have the same colors as the boxes. As an example, purchase a blue-colored, d20 dice that could be used whenever such a roll is needed. The player will then always add +3 to their d20 roll;
* We suggest as few types of dice as possible, with 2 or 3 types generally used. That's generally a d20, d6 and perhaps one other;
* You'll see a number portrayed in a shield - that's the character's Armor Class;
Most importantly, always remember it's the fun fantasy elements of your game that will ultimately mean more than any colors, numbers or dice you provide through this simplified version.
Have a blast with our new simplified character sheets by downloading them below!